Pregnancy yoga classes are a combination of yoga and childbirth preparation. Helping women to reclaim their physical, mental, and emotional power and receptivity during the birth process.
What happens during a pregnancy yoga class?
- Breathing Yoga breathing techniques might help you reduce or manage shortness of breath during pregnancy and work through contractions during labor.
- Gentle stretching You’ll be encouraged to gently move different areas of your body, such as your neck and arms, through their full range of motion.
- Postures While standing, sitting or lying on the ground, you’ll gently move your body into different positions aimed at developing your strength, flexibility and balance. Props — such as blankets, cushions and belts — might be used to provide support and comfort.
- Cool down and relaxation At the end of each prenatal yoga class, you’ll relax your muscles and restore your resting heart rate and breathing rhythm. You might be encouraged to listen to your own breathing, pay close attention to sensations, thoughts and emotions, or repeat a mantra or word to bring about a state of self-awareness and inner calm.
Some benefits of a yoga practice during pregnancy:
- Improved sleep
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- Decreased lower back pain, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms, headaches and shortness of breath
- A chance to meet other pregnant woman, make friends and share the experience.
Book A Class view classes